The Acorn Foundation recently announced a record $1.75M in distributions for the past year, up more than 50% over the previous year.
With the Acorn fund reaching $36.4M more individuals, trusts, community groups and businesses have played a role in supporting the Western Bay of Plenty community than ever before.
Although Acorn is well-known as the organisation where you can leave a gift in a Will, there is no one-size fits all when it comes to supporting our region. Additional ways to contribute include:
- Corporate Funds
- Workplace Giving via employee payroll donations
- Regular giving to a favourite cause in one of the many Community Group Funds
- Giving Circles that bring together a group of friends or colleagues to give collectively
- TECT rebate donations to the Acorn Vital Impact Fund, distributing to organisations who work locally in the areas of greatest need
- Trust resettlements of family or community trusts
Several local businesses and councils are involved in giving back to the community through Acorn. Craigs Investment Partners gives nationally to communities in which it maintains offices through Acorn, while the KPMG Tauranga office has both a Corporate Fund for perpetuity and is involved with pass-through Workplace Giving for staff and partners.
The local NumberWords’n Works office has established a Corporate Fund, while the executive team at the BOP Regional Council have recently started a Workplace Giving programme that will contribute to causes across the region.
Consider joining Acorn to build a stronger community together. www.acornfoundation.org.nz